Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: The 3184 Subs are in!

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    So what happens? My trusty Denon CD player....that feeds my DAC dies. Won't recognize any CD.....
    Bummer.
    I guess I need some new FBI guys...I mean a new CD player.

    So, time has marched on while I've listened to CD only, with the original Phillips Chip Set in a highly modified DAC.

    I would love suggestions on a player that not only sounds great, but will do SACD, DVD-A and CD.

    BTW...my rig has always sounded great.....but after the DAC chip died....and I replaced it....the sound died. It just might have been my transport dying a slow death.

    Ron

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    The 3184 Subs are in!


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Tried cleaning?

    Often the laser lens gets dirty..if that don't work it's prolly toast...

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually, it's a Rotel.
    The lens was clean....checked it.
    My guess, the laser died....it is very dim.
    Ron

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.